SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We’re rearchitecting our e-commerce and payments platform. Why? As a company that is growing rapidly, we realize in order to move faster, we need to rethink our old approaches:
- SurveyMonkey is a global company. This means you will be designing a system that will be used in over 200 countries.
- We’re also going places with our code literally. Interested in cloud computing? Interesting in how to store data effectively? We have the problems you can help us solve.
- Our e-commerce platform handles 35+ different currencies. We’re always looking to integrate with new payment service providers to optimize our growth and business.
- We need to manage scale and reliability. With customers all around the world, our services have to be up and running all the time. The system you will be working on supports the entire self serve purchasing flow of all of SurveyMonkey suite of products.
- We’re a company that loves to make decisions with data. We’re a people powered data company for a reason. We want to build a payments platform that can support A/B testing.
- Architect the e-commerce and payments platform with consistent and coherent service APIs.
- Build systems that handle customers' sensitive data with regards to the highest standards for security and compliance.
- Build a platform that can be consumed by third party consumers for accepting payments securely.
- Design, build, and maintain high traffic, multi-region services.
- Top-to-bottom ownership of new features, including crafting technical specs, writing readable and extensible code, and keeping tabs on post-release metrics.
- Design fault tolerant systems that can scale, and allow us to move quickly without impacting customer access.
- Build observable systems that track important metrics and automatically notifies when something is off.
- Mentor and guide engineers on best practices.
- Investigate and address issues with performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Foster the spirit of continuous improvement and learning amongst fellow engineers.
- 12 years of professional programming experience.
- A minimum of 6 years in backend programming experience in a professional high scalability environment.
- Culture of code reviews, writing technical specs, and collaborating closely with other people (not a solo hacker)
- Experience in the ecommerce or payments/billing space.
- Able to write efficient SQL queries and design schemas for relational databases
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience building high-traffic systems
- Ability to work in agile environments with frequent deployments
- Practices automated testing, believes and enforces good code quality and best engineering practices.
- Due to 24x7x365 operation, must be willing to be available for off-hours work
Technologies we use
- Python, Java, Node.js
- SQL Server, MySQL, Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.